One may qualify for up to 100 days of skilled nursing and/or rehabilitative care if she/he is:

  • 65 or over or disabled
  • Has Medicare Part A benefits
  • Has been hospitalized for at least 3 midnights prior to admission

100 % coverage is provided for the first 20 days. 80 % is covered for days 21 – 100 and beneficiary is responsible for the remaining 20 %. Usually an insurance gap will pay this 20 %. For more information on Medicare contact the Social Security Administration (800)772-1213 or


Also known as MassHealth in Massachusetts, it is available for those who have exhausted their own personal resources and need state assistance to help pay for their care.

For more information, contact the Mass Health Customer Service Center (800)841-2900 or the Medicaid Long Term Care Unit in Chelsea, MA (888)665-9993

We also accept Private Pay